Monday, March 31, 2008

Funny Childhood Memory

I had given Julia her bath (she's always especially cute in the tub, pretending to be "Samu"). Next it was the boys turn. I was out of the bathroom helping Julia and they were in the bathroom preparing to get into the tub, when I heard hysterical laughter. Daniel was in the tub and Jay was nearly rolling on the bathroom floor he was laughing so hard. I went in to investigate. Daniel was sitting in the water still wearing his socks! He, through much laughter, explained that he had forgotton to take off his socks before getting into the tub (which prompted a new wave of laughter from Jay). I reached in, peeled off his plastered on black socks, wrung them out and went to put them in the laundry room. The boys were still laughing.
As I walked toward the laundry room with two wet balls of sock in my hand, I remembered once when my sister Mandie and I tried to convince my Mom to let us wear our socks in the tub. (According to Mandie, it was just my idea.) For whatever reason, I thought it would be really fun...I have no idea why... :)

PS For the decency of my children this post will remain without an accompaning picture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so funny that Daniel had his socks on in the tub.

Steph said...

I love that Jay posted... and I absolutely love the simple things in life that can just make children uncontrollably laugh. It's contagious. :)

Saragarms said...

Those two crack me up.

Anonymous said...

I took a bath tonight with my socks on in honor of my nephews. Love Aunt Ham