Friday, March 14, 2008

A Hobby or An Obsession?

The time has come to post something not related to our trip to Florida...so sad...



I love to decorate cakes...


People often ask me if it bothers me that I spend so much time making the cake only for people to cut it up and eat it.


Or, if I have a hard time cutting the cakes,


and somehow, the answer is, No.


I do not mind that people are going to, in essence, destroy my work. I don't even care if people rave over what I've made. I get satisfaction purely out of the accomplishment of a cake that looks how I wanted it to. I'm not certain whether my cake-making is just a hobby, or is bordering on obsession...


Here are three cakes that I have made within the last week.





Shamu the Orca Whale for our son, Jay's sixth birthday party... An Apple for our daughter, Hannah's student teacher's last day...

A wedding style cake for my sister-in-law, Tami's bridal shower...

My sister and I both love to decorate cakes. You can see all of the cakes we've made by visiting http://www.twosisterscakes.blogspot.com/





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are fantastic at doing them! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

The whale is especially impressive!

Saragarms said...

Wow Shamu is so good and the apple is awesome too. Good job. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

you made those all this week? that is impressive. i loved the shamu cake. (even though i'm scared of him!)

Sina.

Anonymous said...

I really liked the wedding style cake! Thanks for making it! It tasted awesome too!- Tami

angie said...

I wish I could do that, the best I can do is a box cake with store bought icing. They all look great.