Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Oh, Julia

We have four kids. All of them are quite different from each other.
This is the first time we've EVER had one write on a wall.
Culprit?
Julia Ruth Stange. Yes, cute little, sweet little, everybody loves, Julia.
She did it the other night while we had people here. I didn't know she had done it until much later. I was sitting at the desk, and Johnny came in. He looked past me with a horrified look. I hesitantly turned around, and declared, "JULIA RUTH!" I recognized her "drawing style." Well, I hoped that it would easily come off with soap and water...I was wrong. I pulled out the Magic Eraser. It came off, but not easily and not without removing some paint along with the purple marker.
Now, if I had caught her in the act, or shortly thereafter, she would have been spanked. But, when I asked her the next morning if she had written on the wall, she either didn't remember or is already capable of crafting a lie. Either way, she denied it. So, I didn't spank her because I didn't want it to be an unconnectable spanking in her mind. Instead, I gave her a stern talking to concerning where she can and cannot draw.

For all of her rascally-ness and strong-willed personality, she is also really cute and says funny things...

Last night while my husband and I were enjoying a movie, we heard the sound of kid steps coming down the stairs. [Dad, Julia, Mom]
"Who's out in the kitchen?"
"Ju-ee-ah"
"Come out in the living room."
Julia emerges from the darkness wearing only her diaper.
"My happy-nappy time is all done."
"Julia, where are your jammies?"
"I toot them off while I was seeping in my bed."
"Why?"
"Betuz I wanted to be NATED!"
"Julia, you need to wear your clothes. You'll be cold without your jammies."
"Otay."

After letting her sit with us and watch the movie for a few minutes (which she talked the whole time), we told her it was time for her to go to bed and get some sleep. I took her upstairs and put her clothes back on and tucked her in.

About ten minutes later, we heard kid steps again.
"Julia, are you in the kitchen?"
"No."
"Where are you?"
"Up stairs." (or on the stairs to be more exact)
"You need to get back in your bed or you're going to be in trouble."
"Otay, I yisten!"
Then we heard thump....thump...thump....thump thump thump.....as she first climbed up the stairs, then started off walking down the hall and then began to run. It must take her a hundred steps to make it down the hall. We sat, movie paused, and listened and laughed at the cuteness of our little two year old girl.

Here she is this morning, watching a cartoon, apparently tuckered out from last night's mid-night adventures.
Now, normally, I tell her to take her thumb OUT of her mouth, but I let it go for that brief moment...she just looked too cute.

3 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Very cute. Very, very cute!

Anonymous said...

I liked her drawing. It was cute! :) I liked the one little circle. Hmmmm. Reminds me of a time that a sibling of mine drew on my furniture in purple crayon. He then blamed it on me and made me believe that I did it. Hmmm.

Saragarms said...

Ha that is funny. What a kid. Love that she is rascally haha. Cant wait to see you guys.