Saturday, January 26, 2008

Goodbye, 116 Jersey Road

Well, the time has come. We signed papers yesterday and it will officially close on Thursday. 116 Jersey Road will no longer be ours. I'm more "okay" than I thought I'd be. Not that I haven't shed tears, but I haven't for quite some time. I used to cry each time I went there. Now, I am just grateful for the time that God allowed us to enjoy that house and grateful that He has supplied a buyer.

We lived in this house for 4 years. Hannah was just over two and Jay was just 7 months old when we moved in. So, Daniel and Julia were both born while we lived there (although, I'm sure neither of them will remember living there). It was such a perfect house for us.
Oh, how I loved this kitchen. My husband surprised me in 2004 with new appliances (not shown in this picture).

My most fond memories took place in this room. The times we spent there with the living room PACKED with people...youth group, superbowl, church parties,family parties, youth group... :)


So, goodbye old friend. Thanks for the memories. (okay, so now I am feeling emotional)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw, i really miss that house.

Anonymous said...

I miss that house too since it was my home for 1 whole month and practically my home for those 4 years. It was a great house and we had many good times in it.

Anonymous said...

What new memories will the new home hold? Hope your move goes smoothly. What a big job!

Anonymous said...

i hate this post. we just drove past there on our way to cementary.lots of good memories tho. those youth group days were my FAVORITE. -amanda

Saragarms said...

I have missed the trips from camp back to that house and the sleep overs and youth group, superbowl. So many good times in that house. I miss it. I am glad you are doing ok with it.