Tuesday, August 28, 2007

School, Part 2




26 years ago (wow), I began riding a bus to school. On my first day of first grade, I couldn't remember the name of my school...the bus driver and some nice older kids helped figure it out, but the experience left a lasting memory. Today Hannah began riding the bus. She marched onto North Pocono Bus #80 (I've been quizzing her on that information just to make sure she knew.) and buckled her seatbelt and settled in and never looked back. She was very excited. I suppose that's how it always goes with parents and kids. The parents hold back tears, letting them go knowing it's what is best for them, and the kids march forward with great anticipation.


I have been anxious about this moment for quite some time now. But as always, God is kind... The bus Hannah rides only has Geneva School kids on it. The bus driver is a believer. And the bus has seatbelts (important to a parent!). We live the furthest out, so Hannah is the first to be picked up at 6:50am (yikes!). I'm not sure what time she'll get home, probably around 4:00. It's a long day...longer for me than her, I'm convinced.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That is a long day!! Makes me glad to be homeschooling!! Here it is 9:15am and they are just finished with breakfast and morning routines and (Halleluia) so am I! That usually means a good day. Think of all I could get done if I were up at the crack of dawn like you!

She looks so cute in her little backpack and school clothes. I'm sure she'll have a Great time in school. I always LOVED it! (by the way, I was in second grade when I started being interested in boys....

Saragarms said...

She has just gotten too old. I'm glad she is excited about it though.