Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday.
For as long as I can remember, my family (parents and sister) has gone to New Jersey to visit family on both my Mom and my Dad's sides. My Dad's grandmother (my beloved Nanie) lived there, and so did two of my Mom's brothers. So, Thanksgiving was the only holiday where we got together with extended family. Now we still get together, but the numbers have grown to an almost ridiculous amount. Originally there were 6-8 aunts and uncles and 8-10 cousins. Now between spouses and children...well, here's a picture of the second generation of cousins...all 17 of them (all under 14).

In the next few posts I'll share a few more pictures and memories...

1 comment:

Melissa E. said...

Looks like a recipe for a good time!