Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Tanks" from a little cow



Sometimes being a mom feels a little thankless. Every breath seems to be used for someone else. I always know that it is worth it, but at times I grow weary.
This morning, Julia was looking for her baby's bottle. The boys helped her look, but to no avail. When I went to change the laundry from the washer to the dryer...eureka! There it was...
"Julia!"

"What, Mommy!" emphasis on the t in what

"Look what I found!"

"Tanks, Mommy!!!!"

I was rewarded with a shriek of delight, cute little running legs, and a huge smile. The biggest reward possible, I think.


Oh, and the smile is especially cute when it comes from a "little cow!"

2 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Very Mooooving....

So sweet! Doesn't it just make your heart swell with love?!! I agree, at times it's so draining to just try and keep everything afloat, dinner, laundry, buying toilet paper...

But nothing recharges my desire to please my family so much as seeing their pure joy and gratefulness--at least, every once in a while!

Saragarms said...

She is so adorable. I loved being able to hang out this past weekend. Sometime soon again I hope. Then we will make rasberry flavored candy.