Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday, Hannah

Hannah turns 9 today. NINE. I can hardly believe it. I tried to tell her she couldn't, but she defied me and did it anyway...



We have parties for the kids on certain years. Nine isn't one of them, but we decided to invite her two new friends (since we've moved), Danielle and Isabella over for what Hannah deemed a "luncheon."
Isabella, Hannah, Danielle, and Julia


The theme of the party was VanGogh's Sunflowers painting, and after the girls ate, they all painted with watercolors. According to Hannah, it was "very fun, and I got to hang out with my friends which was awesome."


This is a picture of Hannah and I from Fall 2001. She was a little over 1 here. This has always been one of my favorite pictures of her and I.
Hannah is a wonderful girl: helpful and sweet and responsible. God has given her a servant's heart, and I wonder what He plans to do with it.

(So, now, sentimental, as Moms get, I'm going to go upstairs
and hang out with my not-so-little-any-more Hannah.)

3 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Goodness me! You looked practically blonde in that picture of you and Hannah! :-)

And what a great rendition of the Sunflowers painting! Van Gogh would likely be so insulted that his work had been reduced to buns and cupcakes...But I promise not to tell and I am very impressed! Ha ha!

Hard to believe how time flies, isn't it?! My Hannah will be 10 in September and this year has been a real change for her in terms of maturity. It is so amazing to see them coming into their own, isn't it? And, you know, 13 isn't so far off anymore...

Stange Family said...

yes, in that picture, I had recently had my hair highlighted. I never fully liked it and didn't do it again.

Thanks for not telling VanGogh. My hopes is that he would be flattered by a nine year old's love of his work and by the imitation even if in food form.

Yes, time flies...I'm not happy with 9 as it seems the half way mark. And 13 is entirely too close if you ask me.

I wish our Hannahs could meet. I think they'd get along quite nicely. :)

Melanie said...

WOW! Hard to believe your first born is NINE already! Happy birthday, Hannah!
Fantastic birthday theme, Andi!! I am impressed and inspired!