Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pumpkin Seeds


Knowing that I like to roast pumpkin seeds, someone gave us two pumpkins that were damaged (and would therefore rot quickly) so that we could extract the seeds. Today was a beautiful fall day, so I cut open the pumpkins and proceeded to fish out the seeds. Some nearby "helpers" stopped their play and came to see what I was doing...they decided to give it a try. Jay did great: he was a big help. Daniel and Julia were not so found of the (as they called it) "slop" that you had to dig through in order to get to the seeds. I don't mind the process. I love the smell and even the feel of the inside of the pumpkin...it reminds me of childhood.
Oh, and by the way, the seeds taste great!

3 comments:

Melissa E. said...

slimy pumpkin guts and fall leaves..... and autumn becomes official!

Saragarms said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the seeds. That last statement sounded like your ode to dough. I miss those times.

Rachel said...

I also love to dig through pumpkins every fall and bake up the seeds. How lucky you are to have someone who thought of you with their damaged pumpkins.
You have a beautiful family. I absolutely love the picture of your children by the tree. Very fun.